did you know, i have a dream?
some of you do…some of you don’t. my dream is to travel and write fun & funny stories about the experiences i have through the eyes of a woman named LOLA. LOLA is a personality, a brand if you will, that people seem to be drawn to because who doesn’t want to have fun? who doesn’t want to have a laugh? life is FAR TOO SERIOUS sometimes and it’s nice to just be light and airy – NO?! in my dream, people enjoy LOLA and her writing so much that she is able to make a career out of her writing and brand. wouldn’t that be nice to have a BIG DREAM come true?
in order to continue to move MY DREAM forward, i set some goals for myself at the beginning of 2012:
- i will get published once a month somewhere else besides my own blog.
- i will diversify where i write so i show that i can adapt to different styles.
- i will build a real website to be more professional.
- i will call myself a travel writer because if i can’t who can?
- i will go to conferences to learn more about the trade.
- i will network with people that are influencers in the space.
- i will take on challenges that will put me outside my comfort zone.
it’s mid-april and so far so good, LOLA. i so appreciate the support of those who encourage me and are proud of what i’m doing. it is HARD to start something new and attempt to be good at it. i truly love traveling – the world is a wonderful, wonderful place with so many interesting people in it. i am so happy to have the opportunity to cross paths with new people and see new places and then return home to write about the things that i’ve experienced and learned. THANK YOU!
i hope i never stop traveling. i hope i never stop learning. i hope i never stop making new friends. i hope i never stop writing. i hope i never stop dreaming!
happy DREAMS & TRAVELS to you! XO – lola